What is BSAE?
BSAE is an exclusive network of ‘Association Executives’: association directors/managers and executive directors (e.g. managing director, executive chairman) of professional and trade associations, who join BSAE in a personal capacity.
Well-educated, dynamic and inspiring association executives perform an important role within their organisation. As executive professionals they are first of all responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organisation (‘management’), but they also play a key role in relation to the policy-making bodies such as the General Meeting and the Board of Directors (‘governance’).
What does BSAE do?
BSAE is dedicated to promoting the awareness, advancement and recognition of the profession of association manager and of association management in general.
BSAE brings together association executives to gain new insights, to exchange experiences, and to learn from each other. BSAE meet-ups are organised on a quarterly basis. These are members-only meetings in an informal setting at which high-level topics introduced through a number of eye-openers and/or by an expert speaker, are addressed. Topics covered include: governance, financing, competition law, new business models, member bonding, etc.
Who is BSAE?
Today, BSAE reaches out to more than 300 member association managers.
The board consists of:
- Marc Mestdagh, Managing Director
- Jurgen Plyson (Association Manager BeAPP - Belgian Association of Pharmaceutical Medicine Professionals)
- Werner Annaert (General Director FEBEM-FEGE – Federation of Environmental Companies)
- Jan De Brabanter (Deputy Secretary-General BECI – Brussels Enterprises Commerce and Industry)
- David Nassen (Director ISB vzw - Flemish Institute for Sport Management and Recreation Policy)
- Heidi Lenaerts (Director Smart Grids Flanders – Flemish Platform for Electricity Networks of the Future)
- Wouter Van Gulck (Director Belgian Chambers - Belgian Chambres Federation of Belgian Chambers of Commerce)
Community Magazine is a trade journal for and about association management and the association professional. BSAE members receive the journal as part of their membership.
Non-BSAE members can also receive Community Magazine. An annual subscription costs €60 (excl. 21% VAT).